Monday, February 6, 2012

DPQ weighs in on the "Flip Slip"

In America, last night, it was Superbowl Sunday.
And much like how I was raised, this Disheveled Prom Queen sat home doing chores
while watching the game.
Not to worry, I don't need to be at a party to get disheveled. There was Bourbon involved.
And as sipping the hooch all classy-like gives me a belly ache, I have taken to shots; which I highly recommend as it produces a euphoric effect.
Let me get to the point.......
As I fold laundry a little buzzed, after a very exciting first half, the half time show comes on.
Madonna is rockin the house with the coolest HD video dancefloor ever and I watch anxiously as
I know MIA will be performing.
A huge fan, I wasn't feelin her last album at all, but I still can't help but get excited that an icon of
my sub-culture is performing the half-time show with Madonna.
And of course, my beloved "raging ball of rebel," M*I*A, does not disappoint.
Not only does she flip the bird, but she also gets away with saying, "shit" on National Television.
peep this beautiful photo.

Although I shunned her in the past for just going for the "shock," as her last album was full of shock and lacking in substance, I have to say............brilliant marketing scheme MIA, with your new album dropping. But while NBC apologizes for some bird shit, let's skip right to the more important stuff.
Her new vid.
Fast cars, Arabian horses, world music hip-hop traxxx & raps.
Excellent come back baby girl. You have once again made me jealous, just like old times.
"Don't go screamin if I Blow you with a BANG!!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment