Thursday, February 23, 2012

DPQ digs in

Ok, so can I put myself on blast and say that in my headline for this site, I tout myself as being so opinionated as to get my ass kicked when in truth I fear that the comments I dish out could quite possibly offend only the most sensitive of readers. But with this one, please allow me to cut a little deeper. As I wind up my fashion posting frenzy inspired by W magazine by sharing with you my least favorite ad from the issue.
Can I just say that I am not feeling this photo on any level. Let me start by taking personal offense at the blatant misuse of this bird of paradise. You see, I myself am feeling a new found sense of pride in the fact that with proper use of the imagination, the bird of paradise flower does in fact resemble a bird. My whole life, I was lookin at these flowers thinking.......bird? Where?
And then one day last month, it hit me. Boom. Green beak, yellow feathers coming off the top of the head. New level of tropical beauty. And then, finally, birds of paradise became super cool lookin. This model is not there yet with it. What is this pose? Number one. But number two. Is this poor misrepresented bird of paradise the only thing you could think of to add a pop of color to the pallet of this shoot? Cuz I am not getting a sense of balance or composition from this photo at all. I barely notice the bag being advertised because I am too busy turning the page past this, however striking, really strangely posed girl in a drab dress. There were four pages of photos like this back to back. The worst, all of them. Ok, I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment