Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cupid is Stupid

Disheveled Prom Queen here to reveal some more of my truly disheveled behavior. Basically the fact is, that to avoid the social pressure and obligation of living up to the expectations of certain big holidays, I have taken to making it a point to be working on such days. There are a couple of main reasons I do so. Number one, It is easy to find work on the holidays because most people want to be off. And the truly and main reason I do it is so I can say things like, thank you for inviting me to your holiday dinner (that I totally don't want to attend even though there is such great pressure to do so) but I have to work.....
And as far as I am concerned, why should Valentine's Day be any different.  Why worry about whether or not I have a Valentine. I'm busy. Working. Mmm hmm. And so.
Unwinding now after working a completely romantic event at one of the most beautiful locations in the Philadelphia area. Longwood Gardens. That joint was poppin tonight. Sexy as hell. Erotic flowers all over place and so much pollen and fragrance floating through the air, you be wanting to fornicate.
But, fuck it, let's get to the point. flowers are always the way to get me into bed any day. Give me a flowering potted plant and I am yours. Cuz that is bonus points all the way.
What I am talking about is avoiding the social obligation of holidays because of the pressure it puts on people to feel a certain way. And the thing with Valentine's Day is...I might love my man supremely 364 days a year, but just so happen to be the mood on Valentine's Day to say, go fuck yourself. I'm having a girls' night.
And so, let me wind this posting up with a quote from one of the bartenders from the Sexy event tonight.
"A woman came up to me tonight and said, 'I need two drinks. One for me, and one for my husband. I just told him I want a divorce.'"
Happy motherfucken Valentine's Day! Cupid is Stupid!
But yo, this was me & Tony's joint.

RIP Whitney. Your impression on me is lasting.
And let me put myself on blast by saying that I did occupy myself this evening by sending goofy photos of flowers to the sleeper crush. But I don't need a fucken holiday to inspire me to be thoughtful. Whut

No comments:

Post a Comment