Monday, October 24, 2011

Columbian Gangsta Rap

So yeah, before I get caught with my light shinin too bright, let me introduce another side to hip-hop's influence on International culture.
You see, while I get hype on Choquibtown as my example of Colombian hip-hop because they fuse together the traditional music with hip-hop and also have a female in the group, a co-worker of mine who is Colombian, does not share my enthusiasm.
To not hurt my feelings when I asked him if he thought Choquibtown was korny, he replied,
"It is just not my thing. You should check out La Etnnia. Colombian gangsta rap."

So I did. and honestly, right now, between listening to my boy speak spanish to latin customers and from listening to Choquibtown and La Etnnia, can I just say, I am so hooked on the flow of Colombian Spanish. but man, it is a little bit hard for me to "de-cipher" heh heh
Check this vid:
So can I just gush and drawl over the anime in this video?
La Etnia still doing what hip-hop does best; expose what is really going on.
It is a much darker approach, certainly more gangsta in feel, but still, bringing the darkeness to light.
The title of the track "Malvado Intento" means, "Evil doer's attempt" and as we see from the video, there is some shadiness going on.
So yeah, Hip-hop Colombiano, hittin the spot for the more rebellious youth culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment