Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hip Hop in the Woods 2012

And so, faithful readership, I know you are devoted enough to where I do not need to fill in back story about my thing for white boy rapperz. A term which is possibly offensive that I use lovingly, because I even went so far as to marry one in the height of the thing.
Yeah, I admittedly had (have?) a thorough thing for my snow rappers out there.
Regularly touting myself as an expert all over town.
But let's keep the drawling to a minimum and get to the point.

The origin of the thing stems from hiking off the grid and expecting hip-hop to be in the middle of nowhere when I got there. Far fetched notion as an urban genre, right? A thing from my own head?
Turns out, when I hiked off the grid and deep into the woods, I did find hip-hop.
Shout outs to my boys in the GFE! Thing is, the boys I found rapping back then, came from European origins. And thus began the unrelenting however accidental, crushing on white boy rapperz.
Holding back from cradle robbing with Wiki right now, remember?

And although I am elated to report that in 2012, when you hike off the grid in search of hip-hop, you find Asian, Black, & White MC's bringing their raps with them Into the Woods, thus expanding the cultural diversity of my potential nature boy rapper crushes, this year, the title for the One representing hip-hop in the woods the fullest in 2012, goes to this rapper crush right here,
Brooker Wood.
Utterly disheveled over his mixtape dropping today at 4:20. I didn't even listen to it yet, but I know I will be completely Edie Sedgwick when he's talkin about other girls on there.
Lumber Jackin for Beats #SpecTape
Only right that I should sip some of the moonshine I brought back from the hills this past summer while I listen.
And get me my lipgloss!

No comments:

Post a Comment