Friday, December 7, 2012

Snoop Doggy Lion

Hiya.
Pullin out my prom hair for the unwind,
I realize I haven't truly weighed in on what is going on with Snoop these days.
And the thing is, I find it significant.
Some real 2012  Ish.
When Snoop first broke out, he was so Fresh, he was instantly famous.
Straight outta Compton and into the spotlight, he is this Gangsta.
a Banger.
Out front, steady in his position.
 Follow me now.
See, it was really hitting me, the significance, while I was watching a first set from
the Damian Marley Nas tour from 2011 on You-tube last night.
Cuz that Collabo in itself is so Epic.
the Main voices of Reggae and Hip-Hop for my generation.
and the music is Amazing.
But yeah, watching the Nas Damian Marley concert was making me think of what Snoop is going through these days.
the gansgta evolving into the Rasta after having this Homecoming experience  in Jamaica.
I wish I had the link of the article I read about Snoops visit to Jamaica that I'm talking about.
On Snoop's travels to Jamaica he was welcome Home and this experience influenced him to change his name to Snoop Lion and he doing reggae music now.
Here's the latest.

I really get behind this transformation. It's still gangsta, but reggae gives a spiritual side.
"Born a rebel, then I became a Man."
Gangsta grows up and become Rasta.
Dig it.

No comments:

Post a Comment