Wednesday, December 26, 2012

like I always say Ball Playaz Only

It's true that lately, I have let an eye wander onto not ball playaz only, but but but, good news kiddies.
You will be happy to know that the most direct route to my lusty center is still a good old fashioned NBA team player.
This desire to be confused as love at some point I'm sure and then proven to be only infatuation was rekindled yesterday, Christmas day. Because you see, when you reach a certain age, and Santa don't be leaving you no presents, and you aint got no boo leaving you no presents n stuff neither. And those gifts you have to buy be costing a little too much, whew, the Christmas Cheer is only left hiding itself in liquor bottles and jelly jars.
Until, bout halfway through the Heat vs. Thunder game last night. when I realized......
Best thing about Christmas?
......................BASKETBALL...............................ALL...........................DAY.......................!!!!!!
Fuck yeah! New Christmas day uniforms to check out and Ball Playas in fine form. All Day.
The specialness of it all hit me right after seeing how Mr. Poetry in Motion himself, Kevin Durant, who had gotten his face slapped in shots by LeBron in the first half, came back to match his training buddy on shots in the second half. And that's when it hit me. This is fucking great! More rum please! Those electric blue uniforms jumping right off the screen. Great game, but my girl said the Heat was gonna win, and they did. Fun to watch. Fun to watch.
So.
 Let's run down highlights of DPQ's mind while watching this fine sport all day.
The theme for uniforms this year was, "One Color" and folks, I got to say that by the end of the day, 
I had to figure out other ways to know a playa because these puppies were hard to read from the back. that sounds dirty somehow, but oh well. From the front here, the jersey looks pretty normal. From the back tho, you could barely see the name or #. DPQ with the sports and fashion 1, 2! 
bold colors. hard to read.
And so although the Celtics had a nice Christmas green on and a better record, what I have to say about this photo is....A New York team in all black? Ha! Of course! Love it!
Ok so, next one.
Few comments on this one. 1. Smith looking good. 2. Can't fuck wit Kobe. You can try an hate on him all you want, but you can't fuck wit his stats. 3. Meta World Peace. It's still sounds funny every time you hear it. and 4. with a lil disheveledness for good measure....oh is that where Howard ended up? Nice one D.
 by this point we are So nice and watching this so nice game. saying things like, "It's really hard not to route for both teams." Being from Philly we like the underdog vibe from the Thunder.
then we're like, Durant and LeBron train together? followed by sappy tender girlie thoughts like "they Inspire each other!" it's just like what Magic did for Bird and vv. (well sorta)
To.
Wade lookin good, Durant a cutie, Ibaka looks good too.
To.....I can't decide. they're all so sexy!
Electric blue is my favorite color!
In the beginning of this game, I was thinking, I just got through watching LAkers Nicks, and Thunder Heat how come I am seeing these big shots now. Harden was on fire out the gate. Loved watching him spreading his wings here. Movin like a Rocket.Good move. Rockin the Philly beard and all.
But then it was like damn, Bulls first time ever losing on Christmas Day. Really? 1st time ever?
Have I been drinking syrup? 1st time ever? And why are the shots just looking so damn big?

But then my girl's ex ruined her Christmas by stealing her car just so she'd take his phone call and I lost my cheerleader pal cuz she went to sleep. No one to share this amazing 23 point comeback by the Bulls. What a show!
But then no, they lost.
And then finally, the moment I was waiting for. My little Clippers to show me what a 14 game winning streak looks like, as I fell asleep to the words, "Chris Paul with the assist....."
Hot damn if Chris Paul was my life coach, I'd be one successful bitch. But yo, those Allstate commercials. Kinda as bad as Geico commercials.
Merry Fucken Christmas! thank god for basketball.



No comments:

Post a Comment