Monday, May 21, 2012

NoChurch In the Wild

I can admit that I only now watched this.

This shit is mind blowing.

Flippin the script on the usual jungle fever imagery.
This song and video are so Powerful,
I am beside myself
I wept to see my lover chased and hanged.
Completely emotionally invested.
like it was my Life.

This is some Provocative shit 
I had to watch it 5 times to get it.
 I love this description.
http://www.klothezminded.com/2011/09/kanye-west-jay-z-no-church-in-wild.html

146 pages worth of comments on You-tube; I may read them all!

It's killing me how people think this has anything to do with Jesus or religion.
I see it as dealing with consequences of taking risks that go against social norms.
And how far Man will go to keep things a certain way,
To keep that power and to keep that control over anyone who is different.
Once you trail blaze into those wild and unwritten territories,
there is no safe place but your courage and your confidence to stay true.

Using forbidden love and the deeply rooted racial issues of the nation as devices,
an excellent way to blow my fucken mind and leverage this song to a whole nother plateau.
88 keys, the dude who wrote this beat. You got me.

No comments:

Post a Comment