Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Spodee-o-dee-dopalcious

DPQ here. Back from a near death experience last night. Seeing as my cupboard is a bit dry these days and a girl wanted a lift, I took to taking a shot of that Moonshine I got sittin around here. And I don't think it's been keepin very well, cuz I damn near died after one shot. My throat was on fire.
Next time someone offers me some moonshine, I will politely decline until some rum, beer, or whiskey comes my way. And I could never say no to some moscato!
Can't say as that my near death experience is the reason for being late on this next weigh in here.
Nope, I'm just late.
Big Boi's new album. Dangerous Lies & Viscous Rumours.......
 Fucking LOVE IT!
Now the schmo at MTV's web-site did not love it. Sorry I don't have the link for ya.
Said some shit like it wasn't "gangsta enough."
My girl (who has a beautiful skin of alabaster) sends me the linkee of the review. Texting me fuck that white dude. Then she asks me if that's racist. Ha ha!
My reply is shoot, I know plenty of white boy gangsta types but yeah what a white sounding dude from MTV (could be black as night all we know) know about being gangsta. So well. too much time on that guy. Fuck him and his review.
Dangerous Lies and Viscous Rumors if fucking amazing. I can't stop listening to it. It has such a musicality to it. Maybe I like it cuz it's saturated with female vocals. Um Little Dragon? Phantogram?
And still coming in clutch with my southern boys taggin in. TI. Ludacris!
Big Boi showing people how to cross genres like none other.
And what makes me an authority? Well.
Back in the late 90's I lived down South for a spell. Fell in love instantly with the Southern rap style. The swerve in the words and the bass in the beats. And that was before Juicy put trippy on the map, and TI got the world hooked on trap. Those southern boys were on some tripped out shit and the beats was nice since way back. OUtkast talkin about Aliens and everything. Wtf.
I talked about my tripped out times in Atlanta in my first post ever on this damn blog.
That's my authority. Shoot.
I had also said I would be touchin on different mixtapes sharing with you my favorite song. So.
This ain't no mixtape, And I sure as hell can't decide what my favorite song is, but this one is at the top from this album. Probably cuz the woman's lyrics on here show she is a bit disheveled herself.


That reviewer at MTV probably hates this song. Fuck him. Just like Snoop this gangsta grew up. Don't hate his new style young bul. I think it's Viscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment