Monday, January 14, 2013

Happy Bday to Me

Well it's my birthday today. So I am sure you are wondering how disheveled I am.
And all I can say is well. as disheveled as one can feel after shots of Jameson and beers on friday,
sips of a 1933 Port and some Chandon on Sat., bottle of Brut with the bestie on Sunday...
I feel great!
but last year? Whole nother story.
You see last year, in my vanity, I was not so thrilled to be having a birthday.
People would ask, "how old are you turning?"
And I would respond, "I'm turning old."
May as well have been turning 40 in a homeless shelter. Damn, I was down.

In fact, last year, the only thing as could cheer me was cooking
a nice Soul Food dinner for a Kenny Muthafucka.
Extending a lil Southern Hospitality and a home cooked meal from my cast iron skillet to a
super nice, cutie hoping we'd be best friends from that point on.
Sipping our drinks out of mason jars, while I show him my jelly jar collection and such.
Well kiddies, that boo and I are social media pen pals at best. Which is actually quite nice.
I love a good pen pal. Had been lookin to fill the position.
And as for not securing a resident cutie pie? We not want that. After 10 years of marriage,
honey I am dim sum sample platter with it.
Cuz I barely know what Love is anymore.
And so I am pleased to, on my birthday, introduce you to. My latest rapper boo crush. Raz Simone:

Take a piece of my soul honey! Help yourself. Please! Southern hospitality style. It's my birthday.
And when you leave, I nah be mad. I been livin cold too!

No comments:

Post a Comment