Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Rippling Back for a Sec

And so here we go!
Just got a new battery for my computer.
Been needing one ever since I threw up on my computer a couple years back.
It was the night I wrote to Brooker Wood about riding Arabian horses in the dessert.
There's a post about it on here somewhere.
And let me tell you, I did have a moment earlier today, when this Zaki Ibrahim song came on my iTunes, that reminded me of that whole time. Back when I was in fact, taking those painfully slow, baby steps towards getting back in the game, maybe finding some love.
Finding myself utterly crushing on a hippie rapper dude that reminded me so much of Kenny that I couldn't decide whether to fall in love or keep him close as a friend.
And so in this contemplation drank almost a whole bottle of the Kracken and threw up on my computer, not before reaching out to my crush with a disheveled sentiment about riding horses in the dessert.
This Zaki Ibrahim song reminds me of those times.
I wept for my innocence when I heard it today.
I have made a huge go of it, since then, with this whole love thing.
Only at this point to be, not jaded, but sadly, back to having no time in my schedule for the awkward process of meeting someone new, should I call?...should I text?...or wait for him to holler?...
and not a thick enough skin to tolerate the slightest hint of game playing.
Oh that girl, the innocent one, scared to death, but still mustering the inebriated courage to put herself out there in hopes of maybe finding someone to occasionally cook dinner for or to get carried out of the bar by.
Love that girl. But she ain't here no more. Let's pour a little liquor out for her gentle soul.
Oh and in case you were wondering, Brooker Wood and I have become friends after all.
He even texted me on my birthday! And although I get it that he and I do best as friends,
I still geeked a little. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment