Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Still Hustlin

And so to prove to y'all that I really am off that ole campaign trail, Imma break into a story I been itchin to tell.
And so, I was at work a couple weeks back. I whore myself out to catering companies for a nice hourly and a scantily clad schedule so that I have plenty of time to perfect my Amy Winehouse impression.This one day I get to the spot. We're up on the 44th floor of Philly's tallest skyscraper. The view is swank. The boss lady throws us in this pantry closet and tells us to fold napkins indefinitely.
So we're in there, doin that and then this young bull pops out the dishroom suddenly and walks up to the guy next to me with his wrist out, and he's like, "I got this real nice designer watch for sale."
And my guy is just lookin at him.
And in my disheveled-ness I say quite out loud, "Did that really just happen?"
and we chuckle and get back to our napkin folding. Talkin about stuff people try to sell you in the street. Shit, last week, I saw this crack head walking around with a broom and a dustpan shouting out, "Five Dollars Each!"
yet I digress.....so the night goes on. We serve up a bunch of corporate board members and I try not to feel like a servant. then i'm back in the dishroom for clean up with the young bull, putting some sodas away and he turns to me and says, "do you need a tazer? I got tazers; pink ones for the ladies. Oh no wait, the pink ones are on back order...."
So I turn to him and say, "damn dude, how many kids you got?"
he's like. "Just one."
But still!!!! Thing is you might think i'm hatin, but I was truly impressed. this dude is focused. And stays on his hustle.


No comments:

Post a Comment