Thursday, June 7, 2012

On Drunken Starlets cont'd

Reading some old posts, I was reminded of the drunken starlets theme
and I am happy to have a new one to share with you.
Not that I am so happy that she was drunken, but it figures that when I take an interest in a classic beauty, turns out there is a section  in her bio called, "the Tragic Years."
You see, the other day I was back on Netflix scanning for a Classic movie to sing me to sleep
and chose this one called, "Carmen Jones."
I'm thinking woman of color in the lead of this old film?
Let's go.
And so began my schooling. Hello.
Dorothy Dandridge.
Singing duets with a young Harry Belafonte? Lord have mercy.
Thems is some pretty people.
Like I said, not so thrilled to hear of the heavy drinking, but sad to say talent attracts it.
I will definitely being modeling some of my latest disheveled updos off of this most beautiful drunken starlett.

No comments:

Post a Comment